Titicaca Lake Tour Perú 4 Days Overview
Titicaca Lake Tour Peru – Puno is considered the folkloric capital of Peru and is the second most popular destination in Peru after Cusco.
Lake Titicaca is the world´s highest navigable lake, which not only possesses great natural beauty, but also a vibrant culture present in the communities that live on the Uros floating islands, and the islands of Amantani and Taquile, that still maintain their customs and traditions.
There are 36 islands, the most important of which are Taquile, Amantani, Soto, Anapia, and the Uros.
Nearby on the mainland is the site of Sillustani. Here we find circular burial towers that served as tombs of the Aymara nobility in an imposing and barren landscape overlooking a lagoon.
Titicaca Lake Tour Perú 4 Days Itinerary
Day 01: Transfer to hotel in Puno – Excursion to Sillustani
Reception and transfer from Juliaca airport to the hotel by our representatives. At around 02:00 pm we begin your tour to Sillustani, a cemetery where you can see a series of impressive tombs belonging to the Kolla culture (1200 – 1450) that developed in the northern part of the lagoon, in the area known as Hatuncolla. The particular form of the tombs, inverted truncated cones called chullpas, are constructions that are also found in several other places in the highlands, although in lesser numbers.
We continue to Umayo lagoon, then return to the city of Puno at 06:00 pm. Overnight at the hotel of your choice.
Day 02: Puno visit the islands of Uros – Amantani Island
Breakfast, then at around 08:00 am transfer from your hotel to the dock to start our excursion. A motorboat will take us to visit the Uros floating islands, a group of manmade islands in the bay of Puno dating back to pre-Hispanic times. We continue to the island of Amantani where we stay with local families in their homes. Accommodation, lunch, dinner, and breakfast on the island are included. Overnight on the island.
Day 03: Excursion Taquile – Puno
Breakfast, then at around 09:00 am we depart to Taquile, an island whose history dates back to pre-Inca times. Indeed there still exist pre-Inca funerary towers on the hill they call “the island”, built entirely of carved stones. These take the form of small rectangular rooms, the entry of which is facing the opposite direction to those at Sillustani. The tombs are spacious, allowing a person to stand up inside. Lunch on the island, arrival in Puno around 3:30 pm Overnight in Puno.
Day 04: Transfer to airport
Breakfast, transfer from your hotel to Juliaca airport for your onward flights, and goodbye to Titicaca Lake Tour Peru.
Rates per Person in US$ – Minimum 2 passengers
|First class superior
SWB: Single room; SWB: Double room; SWB: Triple room; CHD: Child rate
Optional for Additional Cost
- Additional for passengers staying at hotels in the bay US $ 25.00, Minimum 2 passengers.
- Additional for a single passenger traveling the US$ 98.00.
We accept all Credit and Debit Cards
Hotels Used in the Program
||First Class Superior
||Casa Andina Tikarani
||José Antonio Lago
||Sonesta Posada del Inca
| La Casona
|| Hacienda Puno
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Rates in American Dollars (US$)
- Rates don´t apply for special dates *
- Rates for children apply under 8 years old.
- In order to improve the service, may change the order of the tours.
- The programs have been quoted in the standard room category of the hotels. For higher categories, consult your sales executive.
- The check-in and checkout schedules are set by each hotel. Usually, the rooms are available for entry between 12:00 m. and 3:00 p.m., and departure must be before 12:00 p.m. Subsequent departures may mean additional charges. it is important to follow the recommendations of the attendant who accompanies them at the time of check in at the hotel and / or ask at the hotel the respective schedules in case it´s not published in reception.
- The requirements of double rooms (double or twin), triple rooms, extra beds, cots are subject to confirmation.
- The triple rooms in some destinations and hotels are composed of 2 double beds, which means sharing these beds.
- The tourists are obliged to conduct themselves respecting the rights of the people, the environment, the cultural and natural heritage of the nation, as well as the multi-ethnic conditions of Peruvian.
Some services increase during holidays and special dates, contact us and ask about it:
||Feb. 01 – 04
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
The passenger is responsible for obtaining passports, visas, travel insurance, payment of excess baggage, personal requests such as extra drinks, laundry service, communication (calls, faxes, emails, etc.), national and international airport departure taxes, gratuities, or other services and fees not specified in the itinerary
Some services may be interrupted or canceled due to climate conditions; force majeure reasons; acts of nature, strikes, etc.; or others beyond the control of the hotels, airlines, other suppliers, or PERU AGENCY or its associates. No reimbursements will be made as a result; of such interruptions or cancellations that escape our control.
We recommend to the passengers get trip cancellation, travel repatriation, and international medical insurances to cover any inconveniences that may arise during the trip. We also urge them to check with their doctor to update vaccines and review medical concerns regarding international travel.
Prices of air tickets are subject to change without previous notice until their final issuance. Flight schedules are subject to change by the airline companies up until the day of the flight. Additional restrictions, limitations, penalties, and/or specific conditions may be placed by the airlines.
CANCELLATIONS AND REIMBURSEMENTS
Notifications of cancellations and requests for reimbursements should be made in writing including all related information and will receive immediate attention from us.
PERU AGENCY recommends that all of the guests arrive in Peru with their own travel insurance and that it covers lost luggage.
PERU AGENCY cannot be held responsible for:
* Baggage lost or delayed during international or domestic flights.
*Lost carry-on items, handbags, or personal articles.
*Items forgotten by guests at hotels, vehicles or venues, or during tours.
We recommend our guests not to include any valuable items in their checked baggage during land transfers.